cc-licenses - Re: Merging mention of the CC license details doesn't appear to be an option

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller <sloyment AT gmx.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Merging mention of the CC license details doesn't appear to be an option
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:33:52 +0100

Hi,

On Saturday 17 January 2004 06:01, J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:

> So they might hear the works and not know their
> rights or not know where to learn about their rights. I could
> see how copyright holders would say this is bad.

What is really bad is that modified free works default to be
non-free. This is the fault of the way copyright law works.
Copyleft licenses such as cc-sa try to change this, at the
expense of increased bueraucracy.

I would like to free my works, but make sure at the same time
that the freedom is preserved. However, if it turns out that the
protection of freedom in one place requires a cut of freedom in
another place, I would rather accept certain loopholes in the
protection.

The CC licenses do not work for me (yet?), just like the other
{{free content} licenses} around.

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."