cc-licenses - RE: Licensing ideas and online communication

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Sunir Shah" <sunir AT sunir.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Licensing ideas and online communication
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:06:35 -0500

Maxim,
> Second - what would be the best license option, from Creative Commons
point of
> view, to protect content on a blog from being commercially exploited, or
being
> used without a credit (attribution)? Would a combination of BY+NC work for
> this purpose? Our would NC be enough? Would it really cover derivative
from
> IDEAS in the posts (again, it goes back to the first point).

Don't publish it. I'm not being facetious. Once you publish an
idea, the implicit understanding is that you did with the intent
to lose control of the idea.

That's not entirely true, though. You can have a non-disclosure
agreement with all your readership--which would essentially be
you and your mother, as you likely have nothing of value on a
blog worth signing a contract over.

Blogs aren't meant to be so much.

SS