cc-licenses - Re: Exceptions on licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Exceptions on licenses
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:44:41 -0800

Yes, the copyright holder can consent to let others do things the license
doesn't. A good example is if a license says "no commercial use," but the
copyright holder makes a practice of making individual deals with parties
interested in making commercial uses. See
<http://creativecommons.org/faq#faq_entry_3479>.

Thanks for writing,

Glenn