cc-licenses - My Blogging Engine using CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tom Morris <tom%bbcity.co.uk AT bbcity.co.uk>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: My Blogging Engine using CC
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 9:16:34 -0000

I've just coded up a facility for GLUE, a collaborative blogging engine that
I use on my site, to have CC licences for each individual weblogger. It's
only at a beta stage at the moment and I hope to improve it over the next
few weeks.

The technology challenge didn't inspire me to do it, but it did boot me up
the rear end and got me to finish coding it.

What happens is when the user goes in to the control panel, their licencing
to either 'All Rights Reserved' (the default setting), public domain or any
of the different CC licences (they are listed by name).

The announcement is here:
http://www.bbcity.co.uk/entry/232

And the code release (GPL) is here:
http://tinyurl.com/qjzk

I realise the code is a bit clunky, but it has been hacked together.

Anyway, the fundamental thing is: Creative Commons, which kicks ass, is now
available for users of my site and any other GLUE-powered website that adds
this functionality.

Tom Morris
www.bbcity.co.uk

  • My Blogging Engine using CC, Tom Morris, 10/11/2003