cc-licenses - Re: what about broadcasting?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: what about broadcasting?
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:37:27 -0800

HI Elizabeth,

All our current licenses allow broadcast, digital or terrestrial. So a
cc-licensed song can be played w/o the licensor's consent. We've
considered having a license specifically tailored to letting authors
waive the statutory royalty for digital radio broadcasts (while
prohibiting all other uses), and in fact we've got a draft license for
that, but we haven't floated it yet b/c we've got so much other stuff
going on right now.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Glenn