cc-licenses - Re: Probable errors in CC licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi AT creativecommons.it>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Probable errors in CC licenses
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:22:45 +0200

on 19-08-2003 21:38, Mike Linksvayer at ml AT creativecommons.org wrote:

> This right isn't
> called out in the commons deed
> <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/>, which may be the source of
> your confusion. We are planning to make this clear in a commons deed
> revision. However, the licenses themselves (the legalcode) are A-OK on
> this count, to my non-lawyerly eyes anyhow.

Ok, the legal code is clear :) but not the brief description (Common deed).
In my opinion you should correct the brief description of the options and
write a specific description for each license (not an addition of option
descriptions). In my past e-mail I give a suggestion.
but you are already working on it, so I only have to wait... :)