cc-jo - Re: [CC-Jordan] Organization or Corporation?

cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC Jordan

  • From: Rami Olwan <ramiolwan AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Jordan] Organization or Corporation?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Issa,

Thank you for your kind words. As for your question, We had discussed what to
use on different occasions. We used in Arabic the term "organization" and not
"corporation" since it is not common to use for non profit organization the
term "corporation" although this may not be the case in English language.

Also, the Jordanian Corporate Law uses "corporation" only for private firms
and this is not applicable on Creative Commons and its main mission of free
culture. Consistency is critical to the drafting of the license, therefore,
it is critical to amend the last paragraphs of the Jordanian CCPL license to
follow the same approach adopted in its introductory paragraph. Ziad please
review the same and get back to us in connection with this matter.
Regards,

Rami Olwan