cc-india - Re: [CC-India] [Wikimediaindia-l] Creative Commons India launch - 12 November

cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC-India Discussion List

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <jane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Jayanta Nath <jayanta AT wikimedia.in>, cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Jessica Coates <jessica AT creativecommons.org>, Catherine Casserly <cathy AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-India] [Wikimediaindia-l] Creative Commons India launch - 12 November
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 18:01:51 -0700

Hi Anivar and all,

Great spotting, and yes you're correct - this is technically a "re-launch" of CC in India. Prof Jha, Lawrence Liang and their colleagues have done excellent work in CC outreach and launching a local Indian license suite. As projects change, so do CC teams in many countries from time to time, and they've both been instrumental in encouraging and assisting us with revitalizing, or "re-launching" CC in India with exciting new partners in 2013.

In fact, the community discussion list I've included in this mail is a revived version of the original list so it's a great forum to post any concerns to. We were fortunate enough to run a CC workshop in February 2013 with Wikimedia India in the lead up to this re-launch at IIT under the helpful co-ordination of Professor Jha. At CC HQ, we're heartily looking forward to many more activities and successes with CC India with new partners CIS, Wikimedia India and Univerity of New Delhi.

With regards
Jane Hornibrook