cc-ie - [Cc-ie] Promoting the Commons

cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Ireland

  • From: kevinf <simul8 AT eircom.net>
  • To: cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ie] Promoting the Commons
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:44:53 +0100

Hi,
My name is Kevin Flanagan. I am an artist living and working in Galway. For the past year and a half I have been working as part of art group Enso http://www.ensoart.com . Enso is a group of six artists our main focus to date has been in organising art events exhibiting work by local and national artists working in media ranging from performance art to sound video and installation. As a group we have become more and more interested in establishing artists collaborations and developing our own collaborative practice. Upcoming events include Co-Lab a one week experiment in collaborative practice taking place in Nuns Island Art Center Galway as part of the Tulca Season of Visula Art.
I myself support the development of the public domain and creation of a media commons which people can use and take advantage of more actively.
Some of my own works are available online under Creative Commons licences Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0. http://www.kevinflanagan.ensoart.com
Copyleft licences are an excellent way for young emerging artists to help promote their work.
I would like to help promote awareness of Copyleft and CC licences among artists in my locality and was wondering if one of you involved in Creative Commons Ireland would like to come and give a talk in Galway.

Kevin Flanagan

  • [Cc-ie] Promoting the Commons, kevinf, 10/03/2005