cc-gr - [Cc-gr] Fwd: [IJC] New Issue Published

cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: [CC-GR]

  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>
  • To: cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: info@creativecommons.gr
  • Subject: [Cc-gr] Fwd: [IJC] New Issue Published
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:08:40 +0300

fyi...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank van Laerhoven <f.s.j.vanlaerhoven@uu.nl>
Date: Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Subject: [IJC] New Issue Published
To: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>

Dear reader:

The International Journal of the Commons has published its August 2012
issue. We dedicate this issue to the life and work of Lin Ostrom. We will
miss her.

We invite you to visit our website to review articles and items of
interest. You can access the table of contents at:

http://www.thecommonsjournal.org

In this issue, you will find among other things a selection of articles
pertaining to a special feature on the multi-level governance of forests,
developed by Esther Mwangi and Andrew Wardell. The special feature contains
contributions by Elinor Ostrom, Harini Nagendra, Amy Poteete, David Bray,
Elvira Duran, Oscar Antonio Molina-Gonzalez, Anne Larson, Jadder
Lewis-Mendoza, Maria Brockhaus, Houria Djoudi, Hermann Kabire, Jesse Ribot,
Nalin Kishor, and Guillaume Lescuyer.

In one of our regular research articles, Thomas Falk, Bjoern Vollan and
Michael Kirk present their study of natural resource management in Namibia.
Furthermore, you can find a study by Dan Rabinowitz who frames residual
residential space as ‘commons.’ Also, Jennifer Brewer’s study on
Maine’s lobster commons will without a doubt be of interest to you. So
will the article by Alfons Mosimane and his colleagues who write about
collective identity and resilience.

Laura Yoder and Abram Bicksler present the first contribution to a new IJC
section that intends to highlight experiences with teaching on the commons.
In their article they share their experiences with teaching undergraduates
about commons, in Thailand.

This new IJC issue contains four reviews of books that we think may
interest our readers.

If you’re interested in IJC download and citation numbers, please join
the “International Journal of the Commons” group on LinkedIn. You can
now also follow us on twitter (IJCCommons).
Yours sincerely,
Frank van Laerhoven
Michael Schoon
Editors-in-Chief,

--
- Jiddu Krishnamurti: If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.

- http://karounos.gr/blog/

  • [Cc-gr] Fwd: [IJC] New Issue Published, Theodoros G. Karounos, 08/29/2012