cc-gr - [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CCi] CC Case Studies 2009 - http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/14392

cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: [CC-GR]

  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>
  • To: cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CCi] CC Case Studies 2009 - http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/14392
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:39:23 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Linksvayer <ml@creativecommons.org>
Date: 2009/5/5
Subject: [CCi] CC Case Studies 2009 -
To: "cci@lists.ibiblio.org" <cci@lists.ibiblio.org>

If all goes well, tomorrow (Tuesday) evening  (or about midnight
Wednesday GMT, which just happens to be an hour before the NC survey
ends) we're going to launch CC Case Studies 2009(
http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/14392 ), encouraging the
community to build on the work done so far to document CC success
stories, which has been pioneered by CC Australia. Michelle Thorne has
been coordinating this launch with help from a bunch of people.

There won't be a press release, but the following is (still very much
draft in need of tightening) announcement text.  Will send
announcement URL as soon as it's live.

Mike

Creative Commons kicks off global case studies effort. Share your
story. Discover new works and new models.

With at least 150 million CC-licensed works published from every
corner of the world of diverse formats, genres, and fields, no single
use case can tell the whole story. Creators and users come to CC for
different reasons, and for many, CC solves different problems. We’re
trying to capture the diversity of CC creators and content, and build
a resource that inspires new works and informs free culture.

Today we're kicking off Creative Commons Case Studies 2009 – and we
want to hear your story! We’re collecting cases big and small on our
re-launched Case Studies wiki, an online portal to upload and discover
documentation about CC-licensed projects. The top user-submitted
stories will be featured on our website and in the next printed volume
of Creative Commons Case Studies. For examples of featured-quality
case studies, see the Blender Foundation and the African Sleeping
Sickness Test on our wiki.

The first print version, Building an Australasian Commons: Creative
Commons Case Studies Volume I is a stunning publication that
highlights 60 exemplary CC-licensed users in Australasia and
worldwide. The book, edited by Rachel Cobcroft and supported by CC
Australia, can be downloaded as a single document, or as digestible
booklets focusing on specific fields: visual arts, audio, text, moving
images, government, education and research, etc. You can also download
the PDFs and source files of the entire publication -- prime for
remixing. So why not make your own booklets, fact sheets, or hand outs
tailored to your region, industry, or event?

Another exciting way to build a collection of selected case studies is
via PrediaPress, a service that builds an OpenOffice document, PDF, or
printed book from selected wiki pages. Publish your collection
yourself on a site that supports CC licenses such as Scribd and add
your entry to Case_Studies/Collections.

We’re also encouraging educators to follow CC Australia’s lead and
integrate the CC Case Studies into their curricula. Teaching with
real-life examples can be compelling and instructive. Have your
students analyze existing studies or write their own!

Best of all, this is a chance to collaborate with our CEO, Joi Ito,
who said "In addition to case studies about CC and the sharing economy
being the focus on my doctoral work, this in an incredibly important
area where we need community support as the number and breadth of the
case of CC use have exceeded what the staff and core community can
track and process."

Whether you’re looking for inspiration, business models, or
precedents, the CC Case Studies are a great place to start. Help us
expand this resource by sharing your work and telling your story.

--
 http://support.creativecommons.org help us
 build http://creativecommons.org/asharedculture