cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Database directive consultation in Europe: request for feedback

  • From: JW <j.weitzmann AT posteo.de>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: "cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Database directive consultation in Europe: request for feedback
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 08:18:16 +0200

Hi Diane,

being the developer and hoster of Wikidata, Wikimedia Deutschland has
some first hand experiences in this. In particular, the SGDR is making
data donations much more difficult.

One of the fathers of Wikidata, Jens Ohlig, will therefore travel to
Brussels next week to give the Data Unit of the EU Commission's DG
Connect (the directorate responsible for the file of the consultation) a
presentation on Wikidata and will mention the problems.

The group of European Wikimedia Chapters together with friends, allies
and all the SMEs and big corporations we can get will try to organize
input for the consultation, deadline of that being August 30th.

Greetz
John