cc-europe - [CC-Europe] A note to all of you

  • From: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] A note to all of you
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 18:45:16 +0100

My dear friends,

by now you've probably all read Ryan's thoughtful note to the CC mailing list about the upcoming changes in the Creative Commons network (if not, please do so first :) ) .

As I will still be around for a while, I will keep this mail short.

I will leave my position as Regional Coordinator for Europe at the end of this month. However, I will still be on standby in the first months of 2017 to help out with the transition.
On a practical level, this means that in the next couple of weeks, I will try to wrap up as many things as possible (e.g. update team information, pending translations, continue with the day-to-day work) and I will also start to collect all my 'institutional knowledge' and transfer this to Simeon, with whom I will be working closely. I will also continue to work on the Awesome Fund.
For now, you can still contact me as you are used to do. I might start passing on some stuff to either Simeon or to other members of CC HQ though, but I'll keep on lurking in the background to ensure that all goes smoothly.

I also want to acknowledge the hard work that has been done by Ryan and the Global Network Reform Steering Committee to come up with a new network proposal. Personally, I feel that this will present a unique opportunity for the network to grow and become more solid, and I look forward to be part of this as a community member. I also have full confidence in my precious colleague Claudio and in Simeon to make sure that the transition will happen smoothly.

I would also encourage all of you to participate in the consultation process that will take place in the next couple of months. Your input will be of incredible value to ensure that the future network meets your expectations.

On a personal note (and this is where I'll be short as I will be around for a while, so it's not goodbye yet) , I want to say that it has been a true honor to work with all of you. It has been a luxury to work with all of you passionate and incredibly interesting people and I am very happy that I can call some of you even personal friends by now (even if we didn't meet in person as much as I would have liked :) ).
Also, I have full confidence that we'll keep on running into each other in the future.

All the best,
Gwen

--
Gwen Franck