cc-europe - [CC-Europe] invitation to OEB pre-event workshop on OER publishing models

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] invitation to OEB pre-event workshop on OER publishing models
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 08:38:10 +0100

{sorry for cross-posting)

Dear all,

On the 30th of November, a workshop on sustainable OER publishing models will be organised, as a pre-event workshop of the Open Educa Berlin conference.

The workshop will focus on models for making OER available. The French Ministry of Higher Education, which is leading the workshop, has been creating and publishing OERs under their digital higher education program (http://www.sup-numerique.gouv.fr/). They are interested in pursuing models that would encourage commercial publishers and academic institutions to create OER, and are considering a hybrid model that would mix OER licensing with some fee / subscription model for institutional or commercial use.

It will be an interesting opportunity to discuss such issues as publishing models, open business in OER, and licensing standards.
Please find detailed information here: http://www.online-educa.com/programme/agenda/sessions/m3

If you are attending OEB, living in Berlin or willing to travel for our workshop, please join us. And let me know personally, I will be happy to meet you, or to discuss the workshop.

All the best,

Alek Tarkowski

dyrektor / director, Centrum Cyfrowe

Centrum Cyfrowe: centrumcyfrowe.pl
Communia Association: communia-association.org / Creative Commons: creativecommons.pl

Twitter: @atarkowski

--
Public Lead, Creative Commons Polska
European Policy Fellow, Creative Commons

Twitter: @atarkowski / @ccpolska
WWW: creativecommons.pl / oerpolicy.eu / centrumcyfrowe.pl

  • [CC-Europe] invitation to OEB pre-event workshop on OER publishing models, Alek Tarkowski, 11/07/2016