cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting: final date, location. Programme proposal.

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Ryan Merkley <ryan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC Europe meeting: final date, location. Programme proposal.
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 04:00:11 -0700

I encourage a session on the CRM Directive and national implementation status and strategies. I would be very happy to help prep that session (even if I am not at the meeting) in collaboration with others who have also been working on this, including Thomas and Paul. Important to discuss would be current status of national implementations, ongoing and future engagements with collecting societies, and overall strategy so that we ensure the CC NC licenses are able to be used by society members. We might also discuss the status of existing pilots and whether/how to terminate those once national implementations come online.

A few documents of relevance:
And finally, to a point John W. raised earlier this year, it would be good to have short write ups from those countries where pilots have been allowed to introduce CC and NC to societies. Learnings are always good to document, and may be of possible use in developing strategies.

Diane

Diane M. Peters
General Counsel, Creative Commons
Portland, Oregon