cc-europe - [CC-Europe] License Ouverte

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: CC Europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] License Ouverte
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:11:57 +0100

I was wondering if someone here (CC-france) is able to provide me with some
more information on the French License Ouverte which can be found here:

http://data.bnf.fr/docs/Licence-Ouverte-Open-Licence-ENG.pdf (english)
http://data.bnf.fr/docs/Licence-Ouverte-Open-Licence.pdf (french)

i ran into this license in some dealings with the Bibliotheque Nationale de
France and i am a puzzled by this document. It seems to be around since 2011
but i have not heard much about it so far. Is this something that is widely
used in France? and do we have any idea who developed it? Also does anyone
have any information how the compatibility with CC-BY 2.0 was
achieved/declared? best, Paul