cc-europe - [CC-Europe] info on practical issues with L&E for education in Europe

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <atarkowski AT centrumcyfrowe.pl>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] info on practical issues with L&E for education in Europe
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 05:57:05 +0000

Dear all,

We're preparing for the Communia project an article about the copyright exception for educational purposes. We're building on Teresa Nobre's research (http://oerpolicy.eu/our-new-report-on-educational-resources-end-copyright-exceptions-and-limitations/) , but we're also  searching for cases of practical issues challenges with this exception - we'd like to know what works badly with current law, at best on specific examples.

Maybe you have any observations or reflections relating to your country? Or you know of any articles, reports, studies on this issue?

For example in Poland directors of schools have problems with such organizations as Motion Picture Licensing Company. They are forced by MPLC to buy their "umbrella licences" because according to the Polish copyright exception for educational purposes it’s not clear when a teacher can show a movie without a consent of the copyright owner. You may have heard about something similar in your country?

I'd be grateful for any information.

best,

Alek
--
dyrektor, Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska
Twitter: @atarkowski

polecam:
uwolnij.podrecznik.org / otwartawiedza.pl / otwartengo.pl / otwartezabytki.pl

  • [CC-Europe] info on practical issues with L&E for education in Europe, Alek Tarkowski, 06/09/2015