cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Fwd: [Advocacy Advisors] Let's Reach Out to MEPs - We Need National Coordinators for Mailing Campaign

  • From: Timothy Vollmer <tvol AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Fwd: [Advocacy Advisors] Let's Reach Out to MEPs - We Need National Coordinators for Mailing Campaign
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:43:42 -0800

Can anyone help with this?
timothy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karl Sigfrid <karl AT wikimedia.be>
Date: Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM
To: Advocacy Advisory Group for Wikimedia <advocacy_advisors AT lists.wikimedia.org>

Wikimedia UK recently executed a successful mailing campaign aimed at MEPs in their national constituency. Each MEP received a letter listing urgent copyright-reform needs along with an offer from WMUK to answer copyright-related questions that decision makers may have.[1]

We would like to try to replicate the mailing campaign in other EU countries.

Dimi has set up a wiki page where you can see the concrete steps that are needed to realize the plan.[2] To begin with we need wikimedians, staff or volunteers, who want to take on the role as national coordinators.

The coordinator's job is to make sure that the mail is prepared and sent, which involves a number of steps such as translation and gathering addresses.

The ambition is to send out the letters in February and then to maintain the contacts that we establish. It is a great way to identify MEPs who are friendly to our goals and with whom we can work on future projects as well.

Right now, we need to find coordinators. If you would like to do this important job or if you know someone else in your country who would, that's great news! It's a very concrete and rewarding task for anyone interested in influencing policies, and we will provide the support that you need throughout the project.

Hope to hear from you!

Karl and Dimi

[1]https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/File:Letter_to_MEPs_with_images.pdf
[2]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EU_policy/Engage/MEP_Mailings#What.27s_the_timeline.3F