cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Fwd: FOSTER en PASTEUR40A : two new European OA projects

  • From: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc staff all <cc-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Fwd: FOSTER en PASTEUR40A : two new European OA projects
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:59:21 +0100

Hi all,

On behalf of EIFL (eifl.net), I attended the kick-off meetings of two new European projects focusing on Open Access: FOSTER and PASTEUR40A
.
Both projects have a significant and representative list of partners, and I am sure that you'll recognize a lot of them.

FOSTER, (FACILITATE OPEN SCIENCE TRAINING FOR EUROPEAN RESEARCH) will focus on the organizations of trainings and workshops about Open Access (with focus on ‘train the trainer’) and about the aggregating of open access training materials.
More information at
http://www.fosteropenscience.eu/

PASTEUR4OA (Open Access Policy Alignment Strategies for European Union Research) will help develop and/or reinforce open access strategies and policies at the national level and facilitate their coordination among all Member States.
More information at
http://www.pasteur4oa.eu/

Two things might be of specific interest for
European Creative Commons affiliates
- The first call for
FOSTER
trainings it out (deadline March 17 for June- December workshops) http://www.fosteropenscience.eu/form/training/
- FOSTER is identifying already existing contents that can be reused in the context of the training activities. If you have any suggestions, please send them to me!

Building on and deepening existing open access networks in Europe (such as the OpenAIRE network), I believe that these projects will cover two practical needs in the European OA community: the need for bottom-up action and trainings and the creation of a framework where support and assistance on policy level is coordinated and facilitated.

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me !

Gwen

--
Gwen Franck
Creative Commons

  • [CC-Europe] Fwd: FOSTER en PASTEUR40A : two new European OA projects, Gwen Franck, 02/23/2014