cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Pls respond: CC Europe to co-answer to EC consultation on PSI

  • From: Teresa Nobre <teresaraposonobre AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Pls respond: CC Europe to co-answer to EC consultation on PSI
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:10:01 +0000

Yes, I think we should label this as CC Europe too.

Best,
Teresa

2013/11/8 John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
Hi Europeans,

as many of you will know, the European Commission is currently running a consultation on "guidelines on recommended standard licences, datasets and charging for the re-use of public sector information", which will conclude on Nov. 22nd.

In the past weeks a dedicated group including Tim, Melanie, Pro, Paul K., Claudio Artuso of LaPSI and others have put a lot of work into a formal response to the consultation. The group would like this to be a joint response of CC HQ, LaPSI and also CC Europe. So the question for you guys is: Are you ok if we label this (also) as the response of us all?

You can access the draft here:

Please respond on or off list until the end of the coming week should you not like to see the CC Europe label on the draft. We would then try to find a more granular solution for individual affiliates to support the draft. We could also of course edit the draft further if that would get us all on board, but a lot of thought has already gone in there and my guess is that it is already acceptable for everyone.

Yours
John & Gwen