cc-europe - [CC-Europe] New Creative Commons Wordpress theme for affiliates

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] New Creative Commons Wordpress theme for affiliates
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 12:17:10 +0100

Hi all,

Creative Commons Netherlands worked in December and January on a new Wordpress theme for affiliates based on the theme that is currently used by CreativeCommons.org. Special thanks go out to CC-BE's Yannick for assisting on a thorough content review of CC-NL. You can find the new theme in action on CreativeCommons.nl.

The theme can be applied for blogs and information-only websites. We've made room for three blocks of information on the top of the landing page (currently search, licenses, and about us) that can easily be changed. The blog has been designed to mimic the blog-page of creativecommons.org but is a little bit cleaner.

I've made the code available on code.creativecommons.org. If anyone is interested in changing the theme of their Wordpress install to this theme please give me a shout. I am happy to assist in installing the theme on your blogs. Also if you know any developers, some work can still be done on the theme, especially on the localisation of pages.

Cheers,

Maarten Zeinstra
CC-NL

--