cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Invitations to participate in the stakeholder dialogue Licenses for Europe

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Invitations to participate in the stakeholder dialogue Licenses for Europe
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:34:11 +0100

Hi all,
i was wondering if anyone here on this list has received an invitation to
participate in the European Commission's stakeholder dialogue "Licenses for
Europe". The invitations are dated 20/12/2012.

The invitations also contains a document outlining the 'Provisional mandates
for "Licences for Europe" work streams'. One of these work streams concerns
'User-generated content and licensing for small-scale users of protected
material':
> This work strand should:
>
> Identify the extent to which protected material reused in user-generated
> content is covered
> by licences issued to relevant platforms.
>
> Identify how to ensure that end-users are informed about what is legal and
> illicit use on
> the internet.
>
> Deliver solutions to ensure that end users benefit from easier legitimate
> reuse of protected
> material, and greater clarity on what are the legitimate and non-legitimate
> uses of
> protected material.
>
> Identify the range and extent of "one-click" licensing initiatives in the
> EU.
>
> Deliver solutions, including the possibility to extend the development and
> interconnection
> of these initiatives.
>
> Explore the appropriateness of licensing or appropriate terms – e.g. the
> possibility of free
> licences.

to me this work stream in particular seems to have a lot of overlap with what
we are doing and i think it would be important to (a) ensure that we are
represented in the discussions and (b) that we have a discussion about what
our position is in this discussion (preferably before the whole thing starts,
which will be around end of january)

best,
paul

  • [CC-Europe] Invitations to participate in the stakeholder dialogue Licenses for Europe, Paul Keller, 12/27/2012