cc-europe - [CC-Europe] C3S: Call for Lawyers

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: "John H. Weitzmann" <weitzmann AT irights.info>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] C3S: Call for Lawyers
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:42:09 +0100

[sorry for crossposting]

Hi all,

as some of you might have heard, the initiative "C3S" (http://c-3-s.org/index_en.html) is working on establishing a new type of pan-european collecting society that is compatible with alternative licensing models and the inner workings of which are to be more grassroots-like than authoritarian.

The initiative has come a long way already: A core team has formed, drafting the bylaws is almost finished, the community around the idea grows and so does media attention. But there's a lot to do still and much of it involves legal work. That's why I volunteered to send out this call:

If you are a lawyer with experience in media/(collective) licensing/international associations/CCPL/corporate law and with a taste for adventure ... you are called upon to join the C3S effort and help out!

The budget is extremely limited, coming mostly from crowd funding. This means that any work done will at least initially need to be pro-bono, while there are ideas to set up a kind of karma system from which to remunerate professional supporters once the project takes flight.

Main reason for this approach is to strictly keep venture capital out of the C3S birth process. And foundation support or the like is hard to get for a project that ultimately is meant to be a commercial enterprise.

Let me know if you're interested so I can get people in touch with each other.

Best regards from Berlin
John

  • [CC-Europe] C3S: Call for Lawyers, John Hendrik Weitzmann, 11/26/2012