cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] European Commission consultation on "Opening Up Education"

  • From: Pam Fisher <p.fisher AT cs.ucl.ac.uk>
  • To: tvol AT creativecommons.org
  • Cc: Cox Ingemar <I.Cox AT cs.ucl.ac.uk>, Catherine Casserly <cathy AT creativecommons.org>, cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Patrick McAndrew <patrick.mcandrew AT open.ac.uk>, Paul Stacey <pstacey AT creativecommons.org>, Cable Green <cable AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] European Commission consultation on "Opening Up Education"
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:46:36 -0700

Hello Timothy,

We endorse also from CCUK.
Patrick McAndrew (Open University) also adds the following comments, which we support:

Hi Timothy,
Looking at the request and your comments I wonder if you need to be a bit stronger on the need for a role for Creative Commons in the licensing framework. So when you welcome the plans to set up an EU clear legal framework for OER you could add that it needs to be designed to interoperate with global licenses and so should consider recommending Creative Commons licenses which already have global scope and acceptance. What we do not want is to have EU-specific licenses that then lead to ambiguity across borders. I can also understand if you want to be less pressing.

With or without this change I am happy with the response and I will leave to Pam Fisher to endorse on behalf of CCUK.

Best wishes,
Patrick.

[by the way - your original message appended '.uk' to your own and cable@ cathy@ and pstacey@ email addresses - not sure why but I'm including in corrected form here along with thread below in case they have missed any traffic]

Best,
Pam