cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Reykjavik Digital Freedom Conference: 29th of March

  • From: Tryggvi Björgvinsson <tryggvib AT fsfi.is>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Reykjavik Digital Freedom Conference: 29th of March
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:35:34 +0000

On 02/27/2012 04:10 PM, Jonas Öberg wrote:
> As previously announced, the Reykjavik Digital Freedom Conference is on the
> 29th of March (see www.rdfc.is for more information)

As I am one of the organizers I should say that we are in the process of
going through talk submissions and expect for it to be ready by
Wednesday. We did not know of the special Iceland Express deal so we
aren't able to have a schedule ready.

What I can add to the information about the full-day conference is that
the venue will be a cozy cinema. In front of the conference room are
some sofas and chairs where we'll put up a temporary hackerspace to
allow guests and speakers to hack on all kinds of digital freedom
projects (guests bring the ideas or projects, present them and get
others to join in) - if you really want to grab attention to your
projects you can present them in a lightning talk. Guests can also just
hangout and bounce ideas if they want.

So if there is something in the schedule one doesn't like it's always
possible to just get creative and do stuff without leaving the venue.

Post-conference the guests and speakers meet at a local pub for fun,
relaxation and informal discussions. The conference day is a Thursday
and I recommend staying at least over the weekend to get to experience
the Icelandic/Reykjavik nightlife.

The conference is free of charge (although when we open up registrations
formally we'll accept donations) so all you have to pay for is travel
and accommodation.

I recommend that you use this chance to come to Iceland, attend the
conference and hangout/party/go sightseeing over the weekend, but since
I'm one of the organizers I'm a bit biased ;)

/Tryggvi