cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Developing out European agenda

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Developing out European agenda
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:31:24 +0100

Dear all,

as you know, there has been various contacts between Creative Commons and the various related groups (like COMMUNIA) and the European Union in the past. Especially Paul has had contacts with various officials and MEPs in the European Union on issues related to collecting societies.

I don't imagine that all European affiliates will be interested in such work, but I know that some of you have expressed an interest in such activities, and I would like to find a way to include this in our European activities, in a way that makes sense for us and CC HQ.

I'm confident that with the support of our 30-something-member strong affiliate network, we could have an impact on pan-European legislation, as well as national legislation in and outside of the European Union. While not all European affiliates represent countries that are members of the European Union, it's my belief that developing our positions in collaboration with CC HQ on issues relevant to the European group as a whole, we will find strong consensus on issues relevant for both EU and non-EU affiliates.

In order to gauge the interest, experience, and willingness to work on these issues, I have three questions:

1. Would you be interested in taking part in efforts focused on developing positions aimed at influencing policy makers on a European level?
2. Have you had any contacts with European level policy makers or officials before, in your role as a CC affiliate?
3. Notwithstanding 1, would you be willing to deliver such position statements to your national policy makers?

All the best,

Jonas Öberg, Regional Project Manager - Europe
Creative Commons
Phone: +46 31 7802161

  • [CC-Europe] Developing out European agenda, Jonas Öberg, 01/09/2012