cc-europe - [CC-Europe] The Power of Open

  • From: Lisa Green <lisa AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] The Power of Open
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:03:58 -0700

Dear Friends

You may have heard of an exciting project we have been working on at the CC US office called The Power of Open. We have produced a book, The Power of Open, that highlights the role of copyright, content sharing and collaboration in driving innovation in the digital age, featuring case studies of leading scientists, educators, artists and entrepreneurs who have benefited from Creative Commons' tools. We will be launching the book in a series of events in six international cites.

The soft launch was held last week in Tokyo and it was a tremendous success. The official launch will be on June 29th in  Washington DC and Brussels. In addition to the Brussels event, there will be one in London on July 1st and one in Paris on July 6th.

We would be very happy to have you join us at any of the events!

For more details and to register, please visit the following sites:
Brussels event  http://thepowerofopenbrussels.eventbrite.com
London event  http://thepowerofopenlondon.eventbrite.com

Registration page for the Paris event will be live soon.

If you have any questions about the project or associated events, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
Lisa Green

--
Lisa Green
Chief of Staff | Creative Commons

  • [CC-Europe] The Power of Open, Lisa Green, 06/21/2011