cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Europeana and CC0

  • From: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT gmail.com>
  • To: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Europeana and CC0
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:03:01 +0000

Dear All,

Many thanks to Paul for giving us a very detailed update and to Alek
for raising the question. As John explained, the fall back position
for CC zero is a license that effectively licenses all economic rights
and -to my opinion- either waives moral rights where this is possible
or does not affect them at all, where waiving is not possible. CC Zero
has not been "ported" but only translated in different languages and
in that sense it should be construed in each jurisdiction in
accordance to the purpose of the transaction (at least in civil law
jurisdictions). With respect to the fall back licence duration, which
may also be a problem, cc0 stipulates that this could be "the maximum
duration provided by applicable law or treaty (including future time
extensions)".

Can you please elaborate on the problems with using CC Zero in Polland?

all the best,
pRo