cc-europe - [Cc-europe] Speaker on CC in Belgium/Netherlands?

  • From: Jane Park <janepark AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Eric Steuer <eric AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] Speaker on CC in Belgium/Netherlands?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:27:10 -0800

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself first as Jane, the Communications Coordinator from Creative Commons. I've met some of you before, and hope to run into more of you in the future! Previously, I specialized in open education, and am now working to promote CC in both education and culture.

I've been in touch with Hans of KlasCement (www.klascement.net) in Belgium. His site uses CC licenses and he is organizing a big ICT event in Belgium on 25 May. He would love to run a session on CC and was wondering if there was anyone in the area to speak about the licenses and what CC does. I've copied his email below. Please let me know if there is someone available and I can connect them directly.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Jane

Twice a year I organise a big ICT-event in Belgium. We invite more than 600 teachers, headmasters, ICT co-ordinators, … in a high school where we use and install about 400 computers and a lot of class rooms for hands-on computersessions and presentations.

Next time will be on 25th of May. See www.ictdag.be/17 (in Dutch).

This time the main topic will be ‘ICT in library and intellectual property right’.
This means we’ll have sessions about copyrights on learning objects.

Off course, I’d also like to promote Creative Commons.

I’m still searching for a good speaker in Belgium or the Netherlands about this topic, if you could help …
Secondly: can you provide us with leaflets about CC? Does this exist?
If so, we’ll need about 750 pieces, to share among all attendees.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hans De Four

KlasCement, Belgium

www.klascement.net

--
Jane Park
Communications Coordinator

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/creativecommons

  • [Cc-europe] Speaker on CC in Belgium/Netherlands?, Jane Park, 02/09/2010