cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] Third CC Europe meeting (Leuven, 29.06.08, 13:00, hotel Relais)

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] Third CC Europe meeting (Leuven, 29.06.08, 13:00, hotel Relais)
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:07:05 +0200
On 26 May 2008, at 15:54, Alek Tarkowski wrote:

In regard to Henrik's request, I am wondering about two things regarding
Heather's presentation:
a) what is its goal: are we supposed to discuss something, is she
expecting feedback, or just presenting the details of the iSummit?

As far as i know she wants to present the isummit details...

b) will Heather participate in the whole of our meeting. Personally, I
think that since we're supposed to discuss matters that are potentially
sensitive / controversial, it would be better to limit the attendants to
european CC leads.

she will not participate in the cc-europe meeting, that was never the intention.

For this reason, maybe it would be better to put Heather's presentation
at the very end?

not sure, i think it is easier to have her in the beginning for timing reasons (or do we know when the meeting is over? say 1630? also it might be good to have her give a presentation at the beginning as some of the internal discussions will be about the cci/icommons relationship and the frustrations about this years i summit and in that context it would be fair to hear her out first...

Regarding the casestudies, there is one difficult thing with them: they
require co-operation with the described entity, for instance to gather
their motivations. Which makes this a little bit more challenging
logistically.

It would also help if there were better instructions about filling out
the form: maybe a short list of issues that should be addressed in each
point (so that we are sure that all the important information is not
missing from the entries) and a clarification what the "media" part is
about - what do you insert there, links to content?

Finally, I've also had problems with making a reservation at Relais.
Even though I wrote "Communia conference" in the "contact" and "faculte"
field of their web form, they wrote back saying that they are full.

same here...
best, apul

Best,

Alek