cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] Invitation to participate in the CC Europe Working Group (first meeting 17.01.08)

  • From: Severine Dusollier <severine.dusollier AT fundp.ac.be>
  • To: Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] Invitation to participate in the CC Europe Working Group (first meeting 17.01.08)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:01:30 +0100

Title: Re: [Cc-europe] Invitation to participate in the CC Europe
Dear Catharina and others,

I will attend the CC meeting on the 17th January in Torino.
Looking forward to see you there

Séverine

CC- Belgium

At 13:34 +0100 29/11/07, Catharina Maracke wrote:
Dear all,

first of all, I would like to thank Prodromos, Ignasi, Alek, Andrea and Juan Carlos for this wonderful initiative. It's great to see this effort and energy towards regional alliances and I absolutely agree, that it is necessary to bring the European projects closer together.

Starting with a face to face meeting as appendix to the COMMUNIA workshop is certainly the best way push the idea of an European "working group".  Since there seem to be difficulties regarding the date in January, I second Alek's suggestion to start with a kind of "kick-off" meeting in January (as planned January 17, one ahead of COMMUNIA) but also plan for a another - maybe "general meeting" in April, which should then be officially announced soon, so that people can arrange their schedules.  Especially, the discussion about Collecting Societies should then be postponed (or at least deepened in April when Paul and Melanie are available). As Alek has mentioned, we should also think about a way to bring as many European project leads as possible together in April and have the group almost completed.

I am trying to find a way to be in Turin on January 17, 2008 and then fly to Taipei in the evening. For further organization, it would be helpful to know who else will be able to join the meeting in January.

If we can count on a large attendance in January, I would suggest to start with some of the topics that have been proposed but at the same time plan a concrete agenda for April and postpone important decisions to be made.

Best,

Catharina

Dr. Catharina Maracke
Director, Creative Commons International
Gipsstrasse 12
10119 Berlin
Phone: +49-30-28 09 39 09
Fax: +49-30-28 09 39 10