cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [Cctools-cchost] call for help: ms office files

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, "cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net" <cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [Cctools-cchost] call for help: ms office files
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:12:02 -0700

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 13:07 -0600, M. David Peterson wrote:
> Oh, sorry... what I should have stated is any advice on where to start
> for the extended list of XML formats that there is no support for at
> the moment. In regards to Office files, I doubt much that the .doc
> and .ppt have been converted to OOXML formats, so these would
> obviously not qualify as XML. In this regard, I have already taken
> your advice from before and started working on the suggested
> solution.

Yes, Victor, can you help get David started please. Seems like there are
three pieces

1. identifying formats needed

2. figuring out best method for adding to ccHost (getid3/pseudo file
verify)

3. cleaning/detection of possible malware

VS, can you technically outline best approaches for David to get started
on this please.

thx! This is super cool!

Jon