cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [Cctools-cchost] call for help: ms office files

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Victor Stone" <fourstones.net AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, "cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net" <cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [Cctools-cchost] call for help: ms office files
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:37:40 -0600

On 7/3/07, Victor Stone <fourstones.net AT gmail.com> wrote:
one more round:

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2007/07/help_needed_lawrence_lessig_cc.html

Which comes from me :)  NOTE: I've added cc-devel to the CC line to hopefully catch a few more folks who might already know the answer to the questions presented at this post.  My sincere apologies if you get this post twice!

Extending from the above post, via a follow-up comment in a private thread from Victor Stone, he suggested using a virus scanner to scan all files before making them available.  My response follows,

That's something I've considered, using ClamAV (which is all setup and ready to go on the Linux instance this is running on) as the scanner.  Need to look into it a bit deeper to see how much support for MS Office macro scanning there is, as well as looking into the best way to go about automating this task.

Anyone have any experience with any of this?

Thanks in advance!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson