cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] CCDC, Kamaelia, ChannelCC.tv, and the TAKEAWAY Festival UK

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jon Phillips" <jon AT rejon.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] CCDC, Kamaelia, ChannelCC.tv, and the TAKEAWAY Festival UK
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:49:30 -0600

Hey Jon,

There is a ton of info here, for sure.  My hope isn't necessarily to take each of these and do something in particular, and instead provide what some points of connection to what seems to me to be several areas that cross over in focus.

From my own stand point, I want to finish out the ChannelCC.tv site, using both ccHost and Kamaelia as areas of technological focus.  From the standpoint of the TAKEAWAY festival, I really don't know if I personally have the time to get involved, but it seems that there is an obvious connection between what they are doing and the driving mission of CC.  How or if they connect past this is something I will leave in the hands of fate (though I don't believe in fate), destiny (or destiny either), or some other cosmic force such as chaos, karma, and/or personal choice (each of which I *do* believe in ;-)) to take things from here.

In regards to ChannelCC.tv, the thing I want to avoid is proceeding forward developing something that doesn't have both the knowledge and blessing of CC.    What I will do then is re-ignite the process I had moving forward with Melissa from a while back, and seek guidance and council from the list when it seems guidance and council is needed.