cc-ch - Re: [Cc-ch] [Cc-icommons] [Fwd: [Fwd: [copyleft_attitude] la FSF change de position]]

cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: iCommons Switzerland

  • From: "jl @ cc" <jl AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: rms AT gnu.org
  • Cc: switzerland AT fsfeurope.org, Cc-icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-ch] [Cc-icommons] [Fwd: [Fwd: [copyleft_attitude] la FSF change de position]]
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:15:18 +0200

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

Alas, I see no sign that things will change.

Hi all

As a part of CC Poland i'm rising problems described in a parent post since the very begining of our CC branch. Concentration on author gain from sharing, and not freedom; no clear policy; making too much licenses incompatible with each other - all that seems to be interconnected, since it's basic values what drives the project.

I don't think we are doing a good job in CC. Lack of clear message makes people believing, that even very restrictive CC licenses (like NC/ND) are OK. They feel they are freedom fighters, but they are not.

So - maybe it's a time to create some other organisation or special division within CC devoted explicitly to freedom of the culture?

This may help with such tasks as making some CC licenses GPL compatible, promoting free licenses and making moral issues a central question of all our movement.

greetings
Jaroslaw Lipszyc