cc-ca - [Cc-ca] What if you don't want attribution?

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Heather Morrison <heatherm AT eln.bc.ca>
  • To: cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ca] What if you don't want attribution?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:08:15 -0700

Please feel free to respond in french - I can read just fine, and am enjoying the conversation on this list very much, but my writing isn't that great, unfortunately...

What is a creator to do to indicate that attribution is not necessary? Usually, I do want attribution, but sometimes this is not necessary. For example, in our work at BC Electronic Library Network, we do want attribution if you use one of the articles from our quarterly newsletter, ELN Connect. However, we also prepare generic press releases, and we want our libraries to feel very comfortable changing the wording and using as their own, for promotional purposes. This isn't quite the same as public domain, as this is for certain audiences only, and we still don't want commercial use.

cheers,

Heather G. Morrison
Project Coordinator
BC Electronic Library Network