cc-bizcom - Re: [Cc-bizcom] Is Copyright Neccessary? THE CODE

cc-bizcom AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: A discussion of hybrid open source and proprietary licensing models.

  • From: Marshall Van Alstyne <marshall AT MIT.EDU>
  • To: cc-bizcom <cc-bizcom AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-bizcom] Is Copyright Neccessary? THE CODE
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:50:27 -0400

At 10:11 AM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
The only problem I can see with the model after a quick read is that over-production might be much less of a problem for eBooks and online publishing than for printing presses. You have the initial DTP costs and the hosting costs, but no physical production or transport costs. This *might* affect the model's performance past 2000. The model could always ramp up the legal costs associated with publishing to compensate for this. ;-)

- Rob.

Hey, we can check it out!

The author of the First Monday article "Is Copyright Necessary" Terry Maxwell has very graciously provided the source code. If anyone want it, you can contact me or I can post the text to the newsgroup.

Again, the tool to run the model can be had for free from http://www.vensim.com/download.html

MVA