cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] Compatible CCPL licences? (was: Very quick comments on CCs-[BE] and playground for other discussions.)

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Hannelore Dekeyser <hannelore.dekeyser AT law.kuleuven.ac.be>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] Compatible CCPL licences? (was: Very quick comments on CCs-[BE] and playground for other discussions.)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:46:20 +0100

Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hannelore Dekeyser wrote:

[BE] Are the BE adaptation of the CCs licenses are all compatible with
the other respective adaptation ? Can I use a content licensed under
the CC-SA-1.0(en) in my work licensed work with a CC-SA-2.0(be-fr) ?
In the case of CC-NC, a author in US wants to use my work licensed
under a CC-NC-SA-2.0(be-nl) but the belgian translation removed the
lending rights ? How can I proceed with this issue without contacting
the author ? and by contacting the author ? Can you show us a
practical example ?

The licence says which licences are compatible for derivatives in
art. 4b)

I haven't see that. Can you make a copy of the respective part ?
thanks.

Art. 4 b:
You may distribute [...] a Derivative Work only under the terms of this
License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements
as this License, or a Creative Commons iCommons license that contains
the same License Elements as this License (e.g.
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Japan). [...]

If you distribute the original work, you may not use another licence
(art. 4 a)

If you create a derivative you may use the current licence or any of the
following:
- a later version of the CCPL with the same licence elements
- any international CCPL with the same licence elements.

Hannelore

--
Hannelore Dekeyser
Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and Information Technology