byte-of-python - [Byte-of-Python] BoP now available as a wiki

byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python'

  • From: "Swaroop C H" <swaroop AT swaroopch.info>
  • To: Byte-of-Python <byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Byte-of-Python] BoP now available as a wiki
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:23:14 +0530

Hello all,

As we have discussed, suggestions that Byte of Python should be converted to a wiki garnered enthusiastic responses. I've finished converting the book to the wiki and is available at http://swaroopch.info/text/Byte_of_Python:Main_Page .

There are some Todos I've sprinkled across the book which I will be working on in the coming weeks. Few readers have taken the trouble in pointing out how to export a book from the wiki as well. Once I can work on the todos, I'll announce a downloadable version and make the wiki public as well. Currently, the wiki is known only to the readers of this mailing list.

A good advantage of the wiki is that my turn-around time to suggestions from readers have improved. For example, a user pointed out that ESR is *not* the one who coined the term 'open source' and I corrected it on the wikibook within 2 minutes.

If you want to add/remove/improve any text in the book, please feel free to register as a user on the wiki and start editing. However, if you only want to read the book, there is no need to register.

Help about how to use the MediaWiki is available at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents .

Thanks,
--
Swaroop C H