byte-of-python - Re: [Byte-of-Python] Byte of Python - Collaborative Editing

byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python'

  • From: Swaroop C H <swaroop AT swaroopch.info>
  • To: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python' <byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Byte-of-Python] Byte of Python - Collaborative Editing
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:39:28 +0530

On 1/29/06, Manish Malik <mm AT bbspals.org> wrote:
You could try out the effect by starting out with 1 chapter. Let it be
on the wiki for a month, and let the news float.

In any case, you'll know the benefits and problems in a month, by which
time you could also place the rest of it on the wiki for open-edits.

Well, keeping only one chapter online won't seem interesting to people.

Anyway, a pre-announcement : the book is now online in a wiki form at http://swaroopch.info/text/index.php?title=Byte_of_Python:Main_Page

Many things on the TODO list before I announce this wiki publically:

* Get rid of the ugly URL format
* Clean up many of the TODOs sprinkled all over the place
* Write (find?) a script that can generate a "book" from the wiki.

I'll be making a lot of changes in this week, but feel free to add your suggestions and corrections.

A word of caution : I try very hard to keep the "flow" of the chapters consistent, so please keep that in mind before making significant changes to the text.

Thanks!
--
Swaroop C H
www.swaroopch.info