bluesky - uni id

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: "Josh" <josh AT mercuryfs.net>
  • To: "Bluesky global storage list \(E-mail\)" <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: uni id
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:55:56 -0700

One last note about UNI ID. If the validator is a public use PC, such as in
a library or an airport terminal, then it will always be logged into UNI ID
via its own server id. Although I don't have it in the design yet, having
the validator and UNI ID maintain a permanent IPsec connection, keyed via
unshared info (from a man in the middle perspective), then the scenarios of
the validator being faked out by a man in the middle pretending to be
universal-id.net, are overcome. In that sense, when the public use PC boots
up, it logs into either UNI ID, or MFS... ? This logged in method may or may
not be the same as an end users pc logging into their ISP, with async
mirroring, in order to make the anywhere PC work. I haven't addressed the
anywhere pc details fully yet, I'm focusing on coding the basic stored
procedures for the sync groups at the moment.

Also, this week I'm working on the other uni id figures to use FIG 96's
method of xferring the PIN number securely. So for now, focus on FIG 96.

  • uni id, Josh, 08/02/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • uni id, Josh, 08/03/2001
    • uni id, Josh, 08/11/2001