baslinux - [BL] e2fsck

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] e2fsck
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 04:12:35 +0000 (UTC)

I could not get BL2 to boot after I copied its files to a partition formatted using puppy linux gparted (and changed fstab to /dev/hda5). PQMagic 8 for DOS finds error #108.

The error message occurred when e2fsck did not work on the newer type of ext2 file system. It said to get a newer e2fsck. Should I try one from Slackware 11?

First I tried to reformat to older ext2. Rather than boot with BL2 floppy to reformat, I tried mke2fs running it from puppy linux and was told sda5 is not a block special device and should I go ahead anyway. ?????

/dev/hda5 - no such device. Puppy calls it sda not hda.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] e2fsck, sindi keesan, 05/12/2014