baslinux - Re: [BL] Links2ssl and GMail

  • From: Alejandro Lieber <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Links2ssl and GMail
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 08:31:06 -0300

On 02/26/2014 01:01 PM, sindi keesan wrote:
On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, dos lieber wrote:

I am receiving and sending this email using LYNX for MSDOS through
GMail IMAP and SMTP servers using SSL.
The computer is a 80386 with 8 MBy memmory and an Ercules monocrome monitor.
I have no problems

Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina

I used to be able to use Google Mail with Links2ssl. Now it doesn't seem
to work. Have they changed something? Is there a "work around"?
Hi Alejandro - nice to hear from you again.
DOS hardly needs all that memory!
Have you tried Arachne at gmail?

Hi, Sindi. Happy you remember me after so many years.

I haven't use BLinux for a long time, but receive with interest the group letters.

I still use mostly PC-DOS. to navigate the Internet:.

In a 80386 using only dos programs: lynx for htpp and Yarn for nntp.
In a 80286 without HD, using Telnet and SSH for DOS to access sdf.org's UNIX shell (net-bsd), where I play with links, elinks, lynx, pine, alpine, slrn, rn, mutt, mc, etc.

No Arachne here, I don't have VGA or SVGA, only Hercules display, text only.

Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina

  • Re: [BL] Links2ssl and GMail, Alejandro Lieber, 03/01/2014