baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 110, Issue 2

  • From: Dustin Hewlett <sesshomaru AT prd.comcastbiz.net>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 110, Issue 2
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:58:32 -0400

In theory, correct me if I am wrong but each command is run in a subshell, so
yes, it is another shell. Also rxvt is a console emulator that executes
/bin/sh. Also on the note of alt-F2 shells, you can add more by inserting
lines into the /etc/inittab. Copy one of the lines and add one to the tty #,
I have done this to expand the capability of my system as well as run a
console over serial.

  • Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 110, Issue 2, Dustin Hewlett, 06/12/2012