baslinux - [BL] BL2 with usb mouse

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 with usb mouse
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:46:52 +0000 (UTC)

insmod usbcore
insmod uhci (or usb-ohci)
insmod usbmouse

Unresolved symbol input_register_device
Unresolved symbol input_unregister_device
Unresolved symbol input_event

The people suggesting the above did not actually try it.

A web search revealed that I have to:

insmod usbcore
insmod uhci
insmod input
insmod hid
insmod usbmouse

What do I do in XF86Config where it offers only a choice of
Microsoft or PS/2 for mouse, and what do I symlink to mouse in /dev?

Using SVGA X or Xvesa or xfb on DELL Inspiron 8100, where I had to disable onboard PS/2 trackpad and eraser-head mouse so that other mice would work in Puppy Linux (USB works there). Serial mouse works in BL2 but I prefer the USB one with scroll wheel (another challenge).

I need to make the new device.

mkdir /dev/input
cd /dev/input
mknod mice c 13 63

I do not have nvidia X driver and SVGA X crashes this Inspiron 8100

I tried a suggestion found online
Xvesa -mouse /dev/input/mice - no mouse

Xfbdev --help suggests
Xfbdev -mouse /dev/input/mice - still no mouse

I tried editing XF86Config as suggested at one website but Xfbdev does not seem to use that file. Xfbdev works with PS/2 mouse on other computers when I symlink /dev/mouse to /dev/psaux but not with USB mouse when I symlink it to /dev/input/mice. It works with serial mouse and ttyS0.

Sindi

  • [BL] BL2 with usb mouse, sindi keesan, 11/22/2011