baslinux - [BL] extracting images from odt

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] extracting images from odt
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:40:49 +0000 (UTC)

I read that odt is an archive like zip and was surprised that it unzips to a set of files. Since the one sent me was just images, I deleted all but the 11 png files and pngtopnm to make pgm files printable with pbmtolj of netpbm. One file was 35MB so I asked the sender to just send me a small pdf file scanned at 300 not 600 dpi, black and white not greyscale.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] extracting images from odt, sindi keesan, 11/17/2011