baslinux - Re: [BL] change keyboard mapping in BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: matthias.rappe AT alumni.uni-goettingen.de, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] change keyboard mapping in BL3
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:33:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, rappe.matthias wrote:

Dear Readers,

BL3: how do I change the keyboard mapping to qwertz, please?

Matthias Rappe

Get loadkeys (kbd.tgz) for console, and/or xmodmap or setxkbmap (xbin.tgz) for X, from Slackware 4.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Intkeyb/index.html explains it for X.

For console keyboard:

Loadkeys de-latin1

You will also want to change the font with setfont to get umlauts.

You can install the whole package (most of which will be irrelevant) or tar -zxvf in /tmp and then just copy over the parts you need.

For console, you will need at least loadkeys and de-latin1 keytable.

xmodmap can be used to change individual keys. I reported on this for
my 84-key keyboard (F keys on left) in the BL archives and someone else
explained how to fix a backspace problem.

Sindi

  • Re: [BL] change keyboard mapping in BL3, sindi keesan, 09/15/2011