baslinux - Re: [BL] updating to latest Xorg

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] updating to latest Xorg
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:58:47 +0000 (UTC)

I use BL on newer hardware because I don't like bloat or automation.

I guess the obvious question is why would you want to use a BL
variant, when Slackware 11+ is what you are asking for. Just go with
Slackware 11+.

As Steven said, BL is for older hardware. If you have cutting edge
hardware, then use a cutting edge distro.

If you want a 2.6 kernel, then install a distro that has it !
Don't mess around trying to make BL into something that it isn't.

I could not find the 2.6 modules for SW11, just a config file.

SW11 probably does not boot in 20-30 seconds. I assume it loads all sorts of stuff I do not want.