baslinux - [BL] Midori 2.2.92 static no SSL from Puppy Linux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Midori 2.2.92 static no SSL from Puppy Linux
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:54:20 +0000 (UTC)

Download midori-2.2-92.pet and tar -zxtf it. Ignore error messages
and try copying the files to / and running midori.

The package contains a 2.5MB binary which claims to be completely static (not a dynamic package) and a few libraries and icons. No SSL support.

There is also a dynamic 5MB package which I think requires
glib-2.22.2-i486.pet. I have dialup internet so did not try it.
I suspect BL is missing most of the dependencies.

Jan 2010. Latest is 2.5. There may be a more recent package for Puppy.

Gateway 5300 laptop comes with lucent modem, and sound and video which work in Puppy (not yet tested with BL since the hard drive contains Ubuntu 10). Donated to us yesterday by someone who replaced it with his daughter's 'old' 2007 DELL. 650MHz, I put in 512MB memory. About 8.5GB.

How can I install my entire BL2 setup to a bootable CD? 700MB or less.

Midori loads quite fast and has preferences (images, fonts, cookies, history..)

Default font sizes are not suitable for small screens (min size 5). No adblock. Not fancy, but fast.

Not useful for most webmails without SSL support.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] Midori 2.2.92 static no SSL from Puppy Linux, baslinux, 06/27/2010