baslinux - [BL] Installation Issue

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Installation Issue
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:18:22 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I recently downloaded Basic Linux 3 and put it on floppy. I then tested the disks and they worked fine. However, here is where I went wrong. The laptop that I actually want to install Basic Linux 3 on does not have a floppy drive, only a CD drive. I asked the guys in the Puppy Linux forum for help (my user name there is KF6SNJ), only to get responses about needing to install dos and then using the dos version of Basic Linux. This is not an option. Thus my question is whether or not a CD ISO of Basic Linux has ever been made. There has been one suggestion of using ISOLINUX to create a cd that I may be able to boot Basic Linux from and then install it to the the laptop hard drive and from there edit the (grub) boot loader in the MBR. I am rather on the fence about creating the CD myself as I don't want to accidentally step on anyones toes so to speak. I imagine that I should be able to do it, but I would like to ask for some advice or suggestions first before I attempt this. Notwithstanding that if I should be able to do this, I would like to make the ISO available for others who have computers that are not equipped with a floppy drive and yet they would like to use Basic Linux on it. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Christopher L. Rose

KF6SNJ
Linux Counter User: #350477
http://www.counter.li.org
Harmonica Player - Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Lakewood WA